Everybody loves the color chocolate do you know why? Actually, unconsciously every person uses chocolate words very often and maybe every day in their life.
Almost daily people referred to as most of the products as chocolate like chocolate snacks, chocolate juice, and other things but what about the people who love designer dogs.
If you are one of those who love designer dogs and looking to adopt one then maybe you would want to know about A Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix.
What is a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix?
A Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix is a mix of chocolate lab and Golden Retriever that has been originally bred in the United States. They tend to feature a single Coat that can come with short to medium length hair.
They are most likely to come in a single color which will be chocolate and their coat is going to shine most of the time. A Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix can be a very fun-loving, affectionate, friendly, loyal, and high-energy dog. No doubt, they are one of the most popular Google searched designer dogs of 2019.
We welcome you to the guide of Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix where you will get to know everything that you need to know about Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix as a pet.
Here in this guide, I am going to give you a brief idea about their appearance as well as some behavioral traits. I am also going to give you some space of information about where do they come from, how can you adopt one, health issue, and how to get take care of a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix if you adopt one.
If you have a family with kids then a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix can be a perfect fit for us they are very great with children. So they can easily get along with kids as well as other pet animals.
However, training a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix can be tough if they are trained in their adults. That is why it is always recommended to train them early as training a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix at an early stage is very easy.
Which means that a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix can be easy if they are getting the training session in their growing/young stage.
They are also very good watchdog and will come in a single color which will be chocolate that shines all the time. On the other hand, they can be very loyal and affectionate towards their owner.
They are also very good with strangers, so you never have to worry about a guest suddenly appearing on your doorstep. They always look forward to spending sometimes with the family and of course with the owner too. They can also be very outgoing and demanding sometimes.
It is very hard to find a healthy Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix as it is one of the most popular designer dogs nowadays that has been bred in a small number.
The cost of the Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix puppy also fluctuates according to the availability of the puppy and demand in the market.
If you are looking to adopt the designer dog in a budget then maybe it would be better if you look at other designer dogs as keeping a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix can be expensive. A hybrid like this one comes with a very expensive price tag and also so can be expensive to maintain them.
However, here we are only going to discuss Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix, so let’s stay on the topic. They can be very Goofy, lively, and outgoing medium dogs with a soft mouth.
After proper research, we find that they are also very good working dogs as well as Watch Dogs. If you are a dog lover then you can easily get attached toward a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix due to its cute and attractive color chocolate.
Apart from that, they also tend to have some unique physical as well as behavioral traits which they inherit from its parent’s golden retriever and chocolate lab.
Just to learn more about them, we did proper Research and spent more than 3 hours looking at their parents. We got to know very exciting and fun facts about Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix.
After doing hours of research we managed to collect some valuable information through the internet that you might want to know.
Just after doing those researches, we brought you this article and if you go through this whole article you will enjoy the 3 hours of research in a few minutes and got to know perfectly about them.
To know more about Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix stay with the article as we will discuss everything. So, let’s know about their physical appearance first.
Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix coat
Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix tends to have a single coat that comes with either short hair or medium size hair. It is likely to experience some shedding from Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix occasionally as it totally depends upon how much they inherit from its parent Golden Retriever.
Apart from that, their coat also needs some frequent grooming done to maintain the cleanliness and healthiness of hairs. You will have to brush their coat every two or three days so that their hair won’t get Tangled if they come with medium-sized hair fall. Well, we will discuss the grooming part later, let’s know about their coat color.
Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix color
Only by its name, you can expect what color they can come in. A Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix is more likely to come in a single color and it will be chocolate.
Well, the word chocolate is the most favorite used by children’s especially girls. You will also find their coat a bit shiny due to its parent Golden Retriever. So, the perfect color of chocolate lab golden retriever mix would be chocolate with some shiny hair on them.
Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix size
Both of Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix parents are medium-sized dogs, so no doubts, Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix is also going to be a medium-sized dog.
They Can very very good working dogs as well as a watchdog for big families. Apart from that, it is never recommended to adopt a medium-sized dog if you live in a small Apartment as medium size dog like this word can be very energetic and can be destructive at home in your absence.
It was always recommended that you keep them in an apartment with their low-energy. So every time you leave your house, make sure that their energy is completely drained.
Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix height, weight, and life span
It is almost impossible to predict the exact weight, height, and lifespan of Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix but after looking at their parent’s chocolate lab and Golden Retriever we can find something at least.
After doing proper research on its parents, we managed to know what you can expect from a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix but always remember that each of the Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix puppies will be different from one another.
Now before what Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix weighs, and what would be their height and lifespan, let’s know about its parents first.
The chocolate lab comes with a height of 1 foot 2 inches to 1 foot 10 inches tall at the shoulder and they can weigh between 55 pounds to 80 Pounds approx. The chocolate lab usually comes with a lifespan of 10 years to 12 years.
Golden retriever comes with a height of 1 foot 4 inches to 2 feet tall at the shoulder. They can also weigh between 55 to 75 pounds. Golden retriever comes with a lifespan of 10 years to 12 years.
So, after looking at its parents, we can easily guess that a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix puppy will come with a height of 1 foot 3 inches tall 21 foot 11 inches tall at the shoulder.
They can also weigh between 40 pounds to 60 Pounds approx. Beyond that range, it would be right to say that your Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix is overweight.
The lifespan would be 10 years to 12 years as Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix both parents come with the same lifespan.
It is very difficult to find any history about Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix as they are hybrid which has been originated in the United States recently.
But we can predict and know something about them by looking at their parent’s history golden retriever and chocolate lab. Both of his penes got a brief history to discuss and now we are going to know about some of their histories so that we can learn about its offspring.
The crossbreed of golden retriever and chocolate lab is known as Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix. No doubt that adopting and breeding a mix like this one has become very popular and also it’s quite a trend to own a designer dog in your house.
But before we learn about history I would like to give you some space of information on how the demand for designer dogs is fuelling the puppy Mills.
The saddest thing is that the demand of designer dogs between families has been fuelling the puppy mills from the last few years and no doubt that these mills are making millions of dollars just by the cross-breeding designer dog.
Here in the graph, I have shown you how much the demand for designer dogs has been increased over the last few years and no doubt that it will also increase in the future and the price is going to be at its peak very soon.
The puppy Mills don’t give a damn about their puppies health, they just want to make quick money and its only business to them. That is why we recommend you to never adopt A puppy from A puppy Mills/farms.
Moving forward, let’s a dog about some history of its parent golden retriever and chocolate lab:
Origin of Golden Retriever
Nowadays, Golden retrievers are known as medium size big gun dogs. The golden retriever was first bred in Scotland in the mid 19th century. At that time, golden retriever used to be known as Hunting dogs.
They were very popular between the wealthy Scottish elite. Now they are more popular as family dogs. But the ancestors of Golden Retrievers were used to be only sporting dogs because of their activeness, soft mouth and power.
At that time, they also used to be a hunting dog as well but from time to time they started to develop a gentle mouth which better source for retrieving games.
There are many organizations as well as clubs that are only dedicated to Golden retrievers and you can also find breed-specific adoption sites all over the internet.
One of the most popular organizations of a golden retriever is in Scotland popularly known as the golden retriever Club of Scotland which assembled 222 Golden retrievers in their home.
In 1925 the American Kennel Club recognizes the golden retriever and the golden retriever Club of America was founded in 1938. They are pure breed dogs and they’re only recognizable based on their variety of mouths, colors, hairs, feet, nose, body, coat, etc.
Origin of chocolate lab
In 2013, the chocolate lab got very popular between families as they manage to make a good impression on the shooting field. Plus, they also ruled for 3 years between American families because of its attractive brown color.
However, the brown color was not acceptable to most Labrador lovers because they used to say that they are not a pure chocolate lab. The demand for the black lab was at its peak at that time too.
The black lab was more preferable over brown/chocolate lab to most Labrador enthusiasts. However, due to its special colors and calling name chocolate lab, its demand and popularity never got faded between families of the United States.
As most of the people prefer to describe their pet as a chocolate dog as the chocolate word is the most used word.
Characteristics and facts of chocolate lab Golden Retriever mix.
- Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix tends to be very adorable as well as active. They can also be very intelligent, lively, high energy dog. They can have some unique behavioral as well as physical traits from its parent chocolate lab and Golden Retriever.
- They behave very well with their owner in the training because of their Intelligence and willingness. They can also be very easy to train. A Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix is a perfect family designer dog of 2020.
- As Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix is the mix of chocolate lab and Golden Retriever and both the parents are medium-sized dogs that tend to be very willing and sweet. So, it will be very easy for you to make them follow your command.
- You can easily teach them very easily how to perform some tricks for the show they always look to please their owner as well as a family
- Don’t ever underestimate training sessions as training comes very handy to those owners who have an allergy to the animal. You can keep them in one place and make them shed their hair, so that you can clean them off every time their hairs and danders fall onto the floors. It is very important to keep them from roaming around in the kitchen.
- They tend to be very lovely and will always look to socialize with people as well as with their family members.
- They can also be very outgoing and will love to go out with you in the car as well. You should always look forward to walking them every morning or evening so that you can train their energy as well as make them happy.
- They can even bark sometimes if they feel threatened by strangers but with devotions, you can make them calm.
- There is also the downside of owning a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix, they are not good when they are left alone on their own.
- Leaving them for too long on their own can make them feel stressed and depressed so it will always be recommended not to leave your Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix for more than 6 hours on their own.
- If you are a very busy person or you need to do work most of the time then it would be recommended not to adopt a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix or to hire a caretaker for your dog.
- Grooming a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix can be expensive if you don’t know how to groom a dog in your home perfectly. The right method is the key to perfection.
- It comes with a medium-sized here on their single thick coat. You need to brush their coat every day as well as always remember to not make the grooming experience fun and painless for your dog.
- You should always brush their coat in the direction of hair growth. Apart from that, it is also recommended to moisturize their skin all the time so that their skin won’t get dry.
- Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix can shed seasonally at it has been seen that most of the time Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix sheds in the Early Spring to make some room for the new hair growth as well as to survive in the hot summer days
- You must know how to maintain a dog when they shed because when a dog sheds it leaves too much danders spread all over the house that can cause you problems if not heightened properly.
- If they come with medium-size hair then it would be always recommended to keep them in one place when the season of shedding arrives. You can also trim and keep their hair short that you don’t have to manage them every time they shed.
- A proper grooming and effective grooming can make a huge difference in how your dog looks and how somebody’s allergy is reacting around a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix.
- If there is somebody present in your house who has an allergy to the animal then it would be always recommended to groom your dog perfectly as well as in the right method.
- You also need to moisturize their skin as dry skin can promote more harmful danders that are the major cause of allergies getting triggered.
- Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix Needs a bath every month so that it can look clean most of the time. They come with a chocolate color coat that shines most of the time so it will be always recommended to moisturize their coat and bath them with proper shampoo and conditioner.
- You need to make sure that you bath them in the right method. You should never bath them more than once a month as it can make the skin look unnatural and dry.
- A happy dog is a healthy dog and a healthy dog is a happy dog no doubts. So you need to make sure that you feed them with only high-quality food as they are hybrid and every hybrid needs a different dietary routine from one another.
- A good diet routine always contains protein-rich ingredients like meats. You should also avoid feeding them too many fruits and vegetables as it is never considered a good diet for dogs.
- Always remember that a proper and high-quality diet is what makes the Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix healthy. You can also add some supplements with the meal after consulting vet so that you can prevent health issues that may occur in the future with your Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix.
How much a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix puppy cost?
Well, according to a recent purchase, a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix puppy can cost you around $500 to $1000 depending upon the availability of the puppy, the demand of the puppy, quality of the puppy and your residential location. The price can also skyrocket if there is not enough puppies to fulfill all the demand or if you are getting a puppy that comes with Health Insurance.
How to find a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix puppy?
You can easily find a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix puppy by looking at the various sites available on Google. You can also do a quick search near your location and find a reputable breeder who breeds Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix.
Apart from that, you can also visit some adoption centers to find your desired puppy. If you will be lucky then you may get a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix. If you can’t find one, the last thing that you want to hear and the last option would be to import a Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix from another state/country.
Other Chocolate Lab Mixes
- Husky Chocolate Lab Mix
- Golden Retriever Chocolate Lab Mix
- German Shepherd Chocolate Lab Mix
- Border Collie Chocolate Lab Mix
- Australian Shepherd Chocolate Lab Mix
- Weimaraner Chocolate Lab Mix
- Rottweiler Chocolate Lab Mix
- Pitbull Chocolate Lab Mix