Having a Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix can be very funny & exciting for you as well as your family. But, there are lots of things that you need to consider first.
That is why, in this guide, I am going to give you some interesting information about the Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix that can let you understand if you are going to do the right member for your family or not.
A Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix can affect your lifestyle as well as a family Lifestyle to different degrees. It is recommended to go through the whole article if you want to learn properly about Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix and how much it is going to affect your lifestyle.
Let me tell you, I have encountered with different types of hybrid dogs from the last 3 years and this one one one of the most impressive one but, there are some certain things that you need to know before you go for one.
There are lots of things that can really be worrisome for most of the Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix like their health concerns and their grooming requirements.
Here, we will learn about their grooming, training, diet routine needs, and many other things. So, if you have heard of Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix then congrats but if you haven’t, then in this case here is what you need to know about Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix.
What Is A Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix?
Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix is a designer modern-day designer dog that has been bred by cross-breeding a Saint Bernard and Pitbull. It is one of the most popular dog breeds. Due to the increasing demand, the breeders are breeding a large number of such hybrids from the last few decades.
Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix Pictures
Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix Physical Appearance
The physical appearance of the Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix is less likely to be predicted because the physical appearance of Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix can vary from dog to dog as it totally depends upon how much and what the inherited from each of the parent’s sides.
The Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix’ puppy is going to be different from one another depending upon the qualities that they have been inherited from each other as well as from their parents.
Apart from that, we can also expect them to have some different behavioral traits. But, when we take a closer look at its parent’s physical appearance, we can expect the same from the offspring Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix.
Here, we are going to learn about the parent’s physical appearance and by that, we will get to know what would be the expected physical appearance from a Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix.
Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix Coat
As you know, Pitbull comes with a coat that has very short hair in it and feels very stiff and smooth by the touch. On the other hand, Saint Bernard can also found in two coats that can either have short hair or long hair depending upon what kind of Saint Bernard has been used in crossbreeding.
The short hair one tends to have a very smooth coat but will be very dense but the one that has long hair can have a wiry hair on the coat. So, it doesn’t matter what kind of Pitbull has been used as it totally depends upon what kind of Saint Bernard they have been used in crossbreeding.
So, if the Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix inherits most of its physical traits from the Pitbull side then the Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix is going to come with short hair in it and will feel very smooth by touch.
But, if the Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix inherits most of it straight from the parent Saint Bernard side then you can expect the Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix to come with a coat that would be smooth but will be very dense enough and will have lots of hair
Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix Color
Talking about the parent Pitbull, Pitbull comes in a variety of colors starting from red color brown, white, black, tan, blue, and brindle mixed colors. On the other hand, it has been noticed that Saint Bernard comes in different shades of color like shades of red with white or white with red.
Plus, it is recommended to ask the breeder what kind of Saint Bernard has been crossbred with the Pitbull in order to get the right expected Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix.
A Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix can inherit the same color from its parents and it has been noticed thatSaint Bernard Pitbull Mix also comes in different shades of color if they inherit most of its physical traits from Saint Bernard side.
Expect them to comes in a Red, Brown, brindle mixture, white, and black color but will also have a different shape in it.
Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix Size
Pitbull is a medium-size dog breed and Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix Saint Bernard is also medium to large size dog breeds. So, you can expect Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix to be the medium to large size dog breed depending upon what kind of physical traits they have inherited from each of their parent’s side.
Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix Characteristics
It is almost next to impossible to know the exact characteristics of a Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix because it is unpredictable for us to predict the exact characteristics of each of a Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix puppy.
However, if we take a quick closer look at its parent characteristics, we can get to know about the Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix characteristics.
I am not going to say that the characteristics that have been mentioned here is going to be accurate but it will be close enough to accurate.
Pitbull Height, Weight, And Lifespan
|Height||1 foot, 5 inches to 1 foot, 7 inches tall at the shoulder|
|Weight||30 to 85 pounds|
|LifeSpan||12 to 16 years|
Saint Bernard Height, Weight, And Lifespan
|Weight||120 to 180 pounds|
|Height||2 feet, 2 inches to 2 feet, 6 inches tall at the shoulder|
|Life Span||8 to 10 years|
Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix Height, Weight, And Lifespan
|Weight||55 to 110 pounds|
|Height||1 feet, 5 inches to 2 feet, 3 inches tall at the shoulder|
|Life Span||9 to 12 year|
9 Things To Keep In Mind Before Adopting A Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix In Your Home
- You should always be prepared to see some behavioral traits from aggressiveness to be extremely friendliness.
- Get ready to have to visit the vet more often because every single hybrid dog breed even Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix comes with some genetic health problems that they inherit from each of the parent’s side.
- Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix is going to be a very high energy dog breed and will need intense exercise. So, get ready to exercises Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix for more than 30 minutes per day.
- The hybrid dog dietary routine slightly differs from a pure breed dog dietary routine. So, always be ready to invest in good quality food because St Bullnard requires high-quality food that has a high-quality ingredient to fulfill all his nutritional needs.
- As a hybrid dog breed, it is very important to keep your Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix attention time higher in the training session if you want to get a good result from the training session.
- You can never leave your Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix alone on their own for an extended amount of time because St Bullnard can’t tolerate being alone and are prone to separation anxiety or depression when they’re left alone on their own for an extended amount of time.
- Your Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix can start chewing your belongings so, make sure you are giving your Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix proper mental stimulation and you are draining their energy every single day by giving them proper exercise.
- Make sure you give your Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix your full attention because St Bullnard doesn’t like to be feel ignored by you or any of the family members.
- Grooming can be difficult if a Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix inherits most of its physical traits from the parent Saint Bernard’s side.
St Bullnard Health Concerns
I hope that you have probably heard of the downsides of having a hybrid dog in your home but in case, if you haven’t then it may feel sad to you but every hybrid dog that has been bred till now comes with some genetic health problems that they inherit from each of the parent’s genetic health problems.
So, you can expect your Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix to do the same and will likely be prone to different kinds of health concerns.
So, that is why I would always recommend you to visit the vet frequently to have the occasional testing done on the hips, elbows, and skin, in order to eliminate any kind of potential threat at the early stage.
This is the best possible way to identify the issue at an early stage and eliminate it before it gets spread or harm your dog.
Before I tell you what are the health concerns that your Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix are prone to, let me tell you it is important for you to know their parents’ health problem because a Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix is always going to carry the same health concerns that their parents have. So, let’s learn it.
Pitbull Health Concerns
- Hip dysplasia
- Thyroid disease
- Knee problems
- Dental Problems
- Skin infections
- Heart problems
- Gum Diseases
- Cerebellar Ataxia
- Gastric torsion
Saint Bernard Health Concerns
- Heart disease
- Cherry eye
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Blood-clotting diseases
- Valve disease
Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix Health Concerns
- Valve disease
- Cerebellar Ataxia
- Gastric torsion
- Dental Problems
- Skin infections
- Heart problems
- Gum Diseases
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Blood-clotting diseases
Pros And Cons Of Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix
9 Pros Of Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix
- Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix is going to be very kids friendly dog breed and ar likely get easily along with children’s.
- Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix can be very aggressive toward strangers which makes them a perfect watchdog. If you are looking for a great watchdog then maybe you want to take a quick look at the Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix.
- Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix can be easy to groom dog breed if St Bullnard inherit most of its physical traits from a Pitbull side.
- Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix are very intelligent dog breeds that will be trainable. So, it is going to be very easy for you to train them.
- Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix always like to please their owner and will always do whatever it takes to make you happy and please you
- Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix is a very playful dog breed and if you’re looking for a good companion for your kids then maybe Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix is what you need.
- It can be very fun and exciting to be around such a unique hybrid/mutt because St Bullnard are hybrid and their physical as behavioral traits is going to be very different from normal Pure breed dogs.
- Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix has a low tendency to bark or howl which makes them perfect for apartment living as St Bullnard are not going to annoy your neighbors by their tendency to bark or howl.
- St Bullnard can easily tolerate coat weather so you don’t have to worry about the coating temperature ever.
Cons Of Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix
- Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix can’t tolerate being alone and St Bullnard can easily feel depressed or separation anxiety if they are left alone on their own for an extended amount of time.
- Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix can’t tolerate hot weather and if St Bullnard is kept on hot weather then they are going to shed very aggressively and will be likely to catch some general health concern.
- Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix tends to have a very high sensitivity level which makes them a very vulnerable dog breed to sounds like sirens.
- Ther are high energy dog breeds that require intense exercise to keep the energy level low.
- Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix can be very aggressive and dangerous towards strangers if St Bullnard inherits most of its behavior for the parent Pitbull side.
- It can be very hard to groom a Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix if St Bullnard inherits most of its traits from Saint Bernard’s side because Saint Bernard tends to have very Messy coats that require frequent grooming.
- St Bullnard don’t like feel to be ignored and can start chewing your belongings just to get your attention.
- Without proper training early socialization, a Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix is not going to be a well-mannered dog breed. St Bullnard can behave very aggressively and unwillingly.
- Just like other hybrid dog breeds, Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix required special attention and care in order to survive and live long. They’re also prone to general health concerns that they can inherit from their parent’s genetic health problems.
Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix History
I am sorry because there isn’t enough information available anywhere about Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix history because St Bullnard are hybrid dog breed.
However, you can know that the hybrid has been originated in United traitss in order to get a good designer dog that can fulfill all the requirements and demands of any family or home who need a unique pet with unique behavioral traits.
Their both parents got A Brief History to look on and let me tell you I have collected some valuable interesting information on the history to look at.
We will take a quick look at its parent history to save sometimes and will try to learn as much as possible.
The history of a Pitbull can be traced to the early 1600 in the United Kingdom. The Pitbulls have been created just to combine the strength of a bulldog and the agility of the terrier.
It has been noticed that the Pitbull was created in order to perform well in blood sports. At that moment, the Pitbull was used as a sport dog breed who used to perform in a blood sport like bull-baiting or bear-baiting.
Saint Bernard History
Saint Bernard was originally created in Switzerland along with another dog breed like Bernese mountain dog, greater Swiss mountain dog, and other cattle dogs. Saint Bernard was created when dogs native to the elves crossed with the mastiff-type dog breed.
Let me tell you, in the 1700s, Saint Bernards were originally used by the hospice monks as a guard dog that used to guard the ground.
They also used the Saint Bernard dogs for protection whenever they will need to go in search of Lost travelers. In 1880, Kennel Club recognize the Saint Bernard breed. The Saint Bernard breed also came to know to different countries and other countries after 1887.
Does Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix Make Good Pet?
Yes, Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix makes a great pet to families with kids. They can also be a good Watchdog as well as a good companion to kids. Early socialization and proper training is mandatory to make it happen…read more
How Much Does Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix Puppy Cost?
Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix puppy can cost you around $600 to $1200 depending upon the quality of the puppy, availability of the puppy, and your residential location. Price can also rise if you adopt a puppy from a reputable breeder who offers health insurance on their puppy…read more
Where To Find A Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix Puppy?
You can easily find a Saint Bernard Pitbull Mix puppy by doing a quick nearby search to locate a good well-known breeder who can avail you the puppy. The other option is to Google it and checks the availability of the puppy on different websites. The last option would be to import one from other states or countries. Here are some websites where you can check the availability of a Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix puppy and its cost…read more
Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix For Sale
Website to check the availability of a Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix puppy and its cost
|Adopt-a-pet.com (United States)|
|Petfinder.com (Canada and the United States)|
It doesn’t matter what kind of Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix puppy you have because early socialization and proper training is mandatory to keep make a Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix well-mannered dog breed.
Apart from that, if Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix inherits most of its traits from the Pitbull side then they can be very aggressive towards strangers as well as can be hard to make them get along with kids very easily.
On the other side, if they inherit most of its traits from the Saint Bernard time side then you expect to put some effort into the grooming. But, let me tell you, it can be very fun and exciting to be around a Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix.
If I manage to give you some valuable information about Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix then do share this post because it is going to encourage me to write more about them.
Apart from that, if there is any question regarding Pitbull Saint Bernard Mix then you get comment below and let me know and I will try to give your answer as soon as possible. See you in the next post, till then, take care, and goodbye
94% of pet owners say their animal pal makes them smile more than once a day. In 2007, I realized that I was made for saving Animals. My father is a Vet, and I think every pet deserves one. I started this blog, “InPetCare”, in 2019 with my father to enlighten a wider audience.
We're an affiliate! We may earn a small commission When you purchase through our affiliate links.