It is very exciting and fun for every single owner to adopt a Tibetan Terriers in their home because they are very lovable pets. But there are few things that can really determine if they are going to be a perfect companion for you as well as for your family member or not.
There are lots of things that you need to consider first like how much your Tibetan Terriers is going to shed. So, in this article, I am going to give you some space of information about your Tibetan Terriers shedding. So, let’s learn, do Tibetan Terriers shed?
Do Tibetan Terriers Shed?
Yes, but not so much as you would think. As you may have noticed, the Tibetan Terriers tend to develop a coat that has quite long hair in it which requires occasional grooming to keep their shedding at a minimum.
But, they are not going to shed so much like other dog breeds. But proper grooming is required to keep the shedding at a minimum.
After learning that your Tibetan Terrier is going to shed some of its hair, it is obvious to know how much they are going to shed and what are the things that can really determine how much your Tibetan Terriers is going to shed In the future.
Frankly speaking, there is no such thing present in this world that can be considered as 100% non-shedder.
Every dog breeds need to shed. Some may shed less while some may shed more depending upon the other factors as well as genetic expects.
Let me tell you that 10% of the United States population is allergic to dog and the most promising reason behind that allergies getting triggered is the danders that every dog produce.
Their danders can easily get stuck on your dog coat and when your dog will shed they’re also going to spread it’s danders also. It is very important to keep the shedding at a minimum. There are some tips that can really help you in managing your Tibetan Terriers coat very easily.
Like, you can comb their hair daily to manage it properly or you can bath then accordingly so that the skin won’t get dry. Dry skin is going to promote more shedding which is not good.
Actually, we all know that dog hair is not one of the most favorite things to deal with but when you want to adopt a Tibetan Terriers in your home, you can do whatever it takes to keep them in your home because of their special appearance and affectionate nature that comes with some unique traits.
So, it is very obvious that being a responsible owner, you should always learn what you can do to prepare yourself and your dog for the upcoming shedding season.
In the shedding season, your dog is going to shed at its maximum and it is very important to know the things that you need to keep in mind about your Tibetan Terriers shedding. But before that, let’s learn why Tibetan Terriers shed so much
Why Tibetan Terriers Shed So Much?
The first thing that you can easily notice on your Tibetan Terriers that they come with a quite thick Coat that has long hair in it.
It is obvious that they are not going to shed as much as one would think because their Hair Gets long which means that they will keep most of their hair on their body but, it requires the proper grooming to keep their shedding at a minimum.
Actually, just like a dog breeds, your Tibetan Terriers is prone to shed daily some of its hair and you will also need to comb your Tibetan Terriers coat daily to manage it properly.
However, let me tell you that if you have an allergic issue then maybe Tibetan Terriers is what not what you need because you can also consider different other canine breeds that can make great companionship with you.
But, moving to the exact point, due to its popularity, everyone will try it’s best to keep a Tibetan Terriers in their home. Now, let me tell you and aware you that your Tibetan Terriers do shed and it can shed aggressively in the shedding season.
However, it is less likely to notice any kind of extreme shedding except in the shedding season. One of the major reasons that contribute to excessive shedding in your Tibetan Terriers is its hair length that requires frequent combing as it is prone to get matted and its texture.
Let me tell you you should always make sure that their skin won’t get dry because if their skin gets dry, their hair follicles can get weakened and their hairs can get detached and fall out on your home carpet, floor, or on the furniture.
So, your Tibetan Terriers need to shed frequently so that they can easily regulate their body temperature according to the seasonal changes which is quite normal for every single dog breed.
Your Tibetan Terriers is going to shed very aggressively in the shedding season and there is nothing you can do to completely stop your Tibetan Terriers from shedding.
However, there are some tips that can help you in keeping the shedding at a minimum. But, before we learn those tips, let me tell you that the most important and obvious reason behind your Tibetan Terriers shedding is the seasonal changes.
In the shedding season, Tibetan Terriers is going to shed and the shedding season seems to appear two times a year.
In the autumn season, your Tibetan Terrier is going to shed some of its hair so that they can make some room for new hair growth which will be thicker to keep their body warm and nice throughout the winter so that their body can’t get insulated.
Same, in the summer season, your Tibetan Terrier is also going to shed some of its hair so that they can make some new room for new hair growth so that their coat can become thinner to keep their body cooler throughout the sunny summer days.
This kind of shedding helps them to regulate their body temperature and ensure that they don’t get overheated. I hope that you do understand that every dog is going to shed in the future if they are kept in a place where the temperature always fluctuates.
Now after understanding, why your Tibetan Terriers is going to shed, let’s learn what are the things that affect their shedding and how much your Tibetan Terriers is going to shed.
Things That Factor Into The Amount Of Shedding Of Tibetan Terriers
I hope that I managed to give you some valuable information about why you are Tibetan Terriers is going to shed so much but let me tell you there are some things that can determine how much your Tibetan Terriers is going to shed in the future or in the shedding season for sure.
Some of these factors are very easy to control and you can control it and manage it properly and easily but most of them are not.
There are lots of genetic aspects as well as environmental factors that play a huge role which involves these factors. So it’s better to learn what are the biggest things that factor into how much your Tibetan Terriers is going to shed.
|Sex of Dog||Pregnancy or Lactation||Health Nutrition|
|Your Residential Location||Weather||Supplement|
|Medicine||Age||Quality of Coat|
Elements That Can Affect Your Tibetan Terriers Shedding
There are few elements that can affect your Tibetan Terriers shedding and it’s better to know them as being a responsible owner, it’s your duty to ensure that your Tibetan Terriers is always healthy as well as their shedding stays at a minimum.
Type Of The Coat or The Quality Of The Coat
It is obvious that if your Tibetan Terriers come with a bag quality of coat in its body then they are going to shed very aggressively. However, it is obvious that if their skin & coat is always healthy – the shedding will be at a minimum.
It is very important to adopt a healthy puppy that comes with a very fine and healthy coat. Adding to that, it also totally depends upon the quality of genetics they have and what kind of traits they have inherited from their parents.
If their parents were healthy then it is obvious that the offspring will be healthy. But if the parents were unhealthy that it is obvious your Tibetan Terriers is going to shed because that offspring is not going to be healthy as much as one would think.
So, you need to make sure that you are adopting a Tibetan Terriers from a reputable breeder and ensure that the quality of your puppy is perfect.
Age Of The Tibetan Terriers
This is the second factor that can & will you determine how much your Tibetan Terriers is going to shed. It is obvious to notice your Tibetan Terriers shedding little to nothing when they are young.
But, you are more likely to experience some shedding to be increasing to a heavier modulation as soon as they become the older. It is obvious to notice your dog shedding if they are getting older and older every single year.
Let me tell you that it is obvious to notice your Tibetan Terriers shedding in some months aggressively while in some months not so much.
If you experience any of this kind of shedding then it is more caused by the temperature changes. It also depends upon the other factors like snow, sunlight hours, and other things but the temperature change can really affect your Tibetan Terriers shedding and it can also make the shedding more aggressive or worse.
Most of the time, they are going to shed during Spring and autumn which is the shedding season but apart from that, they can also shed heavily if you need in a place where the temperature always fluctuates.
Your Tibetan Terriers is going to shed more in the spring and summer days because the days will be longer and the Sun will shine for hours and hours. So, in order to prevent their body from getting overheated, they will need to shed their coat.
Tips To Control Your Tibetan Terriers Shedding
- You Should always bath your Tibetan Terriers with good quality of shampoos that can ensure that your Tibetan Terriers natural oil won’t get washed away and their skin is always moisturized after the bath.
- Here is some Shampoos that I would recommend you to use while you will be bathing your Tibetan Terriers because it is not only going to ensure that their skin is always moisturized after the bath but also going to help you in removing all the dirt, debris, and loose hair from their body while will be bathing them.
- Don’t Bath your Tibetan Terriers too often because frequent baths can make their skin dry. Dry skin is going to make your Tibetan Terriers shed aggressively. So, it is important to keep their skin moisturized and to keep their bathing scheduled at minimum.
- If your Tibetan Terriers lifestyle is more surrounded by outside activity then you can bath them due to your Tibetan Terriers getting muddy pr smelly outside but try to not make it a habit and do it in a proper manner by using a proper good pet natural shampoo.
- Always brush Tibetan Terriers coat regularly so that you can keep their skin &coat perfectly fine. Whenever you brush your dog’s coat, their skin releases natural oil which helps their body being moisturized all the time. So, it is necessary to brush your Tibetan Terriers coat regularly.
- Always use a brush that perfectly fits your Tibetan Terriers’ coats need because it is something that can really affect the amount of shedding. You should always use a slicker brush because it is going to perfectly fit your Tibetan Terriers coat need.
- If you already have a slicker brush then congrats but if you don’t have one then here is the recommended slicker brush that can help you with your Tibetan Terriers coat brushing. This is the brush that I have been using from the past few years and it is perfect.
|Best Slicker Bristle Brush||Feature & Why to Buy||Check on Amazon|
|Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker/bristle Brush||It can help in getting rid of any kind of mats without any pain. Your dog will feel great too. Amazon Choice and Best Rated Popular Brush. It’s a slicker brush that acts as a bristle brush too and can add a great finish.||View on Amazon|
- Always feed your Tibetan Terriers with high-quality food that contains high-quality protein-rich ingredients that can ensure that your Tibetan Terriers is getting all its nutritional needs fulfilled.
- Avoid feeding your Tibetan Terriers Cheap food because Cheap foods do have the nutrition but doesn’t have the nutrition that is going to ensure that your Tibetan Terriers’ skin is healthy.
- Healthy skin is always a good sign that indicates your Tibetan Terriers is going to shed at minimum.
- Here are recommended foods that I would recommend you to feed your Tibetan Terriers because it contains protein-rich ingredients that is essential for your Tibetan Terriers to make their skin more healthy.
- Feed your Tibetan Terriers with Omega supplement and fatty acids supplements because it comes very handy to the owner who wants to make that dog coat more and more healthy each month.
I hope that I manage to give you some space of information about your Tibetan Terriers shedding and if I did then do share this post because it is going to encourage me.
If you have any questions regarding your Tibetan Terriers shedding then you can comment below and I will try to give your answer as soon as possible. See you in the next post, till then, take care and goodbye.
We're an affiliate! We may earn a small commission When you purchase through our affiliate links.