We're an affiliate! We may Earn small commission, When you purchase through our affiliate links.
It is very common for Wolf to howl because it is a call to their mate so we can associated it with loneliness but when it comes to dog, it becomes very concerning for the owner if they observe their dogs howling more often. So, is that normal?
Most of the certain question that comes to the most Pitbulls owner mind is that what if my Pitbulls howl in future. Do Pitbulls howl?
Well actually, in order to understand that, you will need to go through the whole guide because there are certain reasons that can make your Pitbulls howl. But before that, I would like to tell you if they howl or not. So, do Pitbulls howl
Do Pitbulls Howl?
Do Pitbulls Howl? Yes, Pitbulls do howl sometimes depending upon some traits. Usually, it has been noticed that Pitbulls tend to howl when they are left alone outside, tied up, or due to feeling loneliness. They can also howl if they are in pain or they require attention.
Speaking frankly, we all know that Pitbulls are very independent dog breeds so, we can understand that they are not going to howl or they don’t have the urge or the feeling to howl without any kind of reason so, you may not notice your Pitbulls howling more often.
However, if your Pitbulls is howling at some point, then it can be concerning because usually, Pitbulls don’t howl. They can bark or attack or be very aggressive but howling is not in their nature. So, let’s understand why do Pitbulls howl or what can make them howl.
Why Do Pitbulls Howl?
Well, just like other canine breeds, it is also one of the many forms of vocal communication that are used by most of the dog breed.
If your Pitbulls is having alone time and they need some attention because they have been feeling completely ignored from the past few hours by you or your family member they may howl just like to make contact with others or to announce their presence.
But still, howling is not very usual for Pitbulls. We all know that Pitbulls are very sturdy dogs and if they howl then it can also be an emergency siren that can indicate your Pitbulls is in pain.
Plus, let me tell you, Pitbull’s howl can also disturb you as well as your neighbors because it is not something that is going to sound very pleasant.
What Makes Pitbulls To Howl?
If a dog or Pitbulls is in pain then you can expect them to whine or try howling,.if they have been feeling completely ignored by you or by any family member then they can also howl to crack some attention
At home, your Pitbulls can also howl it due to overexcitement or even loneliness. Plus, if they are ignored especially by the owner then it is very common for Pitbulls to howl so that they can attract some attention from their owner and announce their presence.
There are some reasons behind your Pitbulls howling.
7 Reasons Why Your Pitbulls Maybe Howling
Here are some reasons that can let you know and understand why your Pitbull is howling for the last few days because it can be very worrisome as well as concern for most of the Pitbulls owner if the problem is caught and heightened properly. So, here are 7 reasons:
- Your Pitbulls can howl to alert you do in case they feel threatened or in the case to warn their owner of danger.
- Pitbulls can also howl while making contact and acknowledge other dogs.
- If they are feeling completely ignored then expect your Pitbulls to howl to seek some attention.
- In response to high pitched sound or noises, Pitbulls may howl.
- Any kind of medical issue like if there is something physically wrong with your Pitbulls, then through howling your Pitbulls may try to tell you that.
- Your Pitbulls can howl if they are scared because there are some certain sounds that can trigger howling in your Pitbulls.
- When did Pitbulls will be left alone on their own for more than 6 hours or for an extended amount of time, they can be in separation anxiety which can result in them to howl.
3 Problems To rule Out First When You Hear Your Pitbulls Howling.
1. Medical Cause
Your Pitbulls sometimes can howl if they are hurt or sick or they have been injured. This is a doggy way to let their owners know that they are in physical pain.
At that moment, you should always check your dog for visible injuries. You should always ensure that there is no underlying medical issues.
If your Pitbulls start howling more than usual then you must take your Pitbulls to a veterinarian to rule out any kind of possible injury or illness before doing anything else.
2. Separation anxiety
If you leave your dog more than 6 hours a day on their own then your Pitbulls can howl due to separation anxiety. Excessive howling can also be caused by separation anxiety.
Separation anxiety howling is only going to occur when your Pitbulls will be left alone on their own for an extended amount of time due to not getting enough proper introduction as well as attention.
There are few symptoms of separation anxiety like destruction, depression, elimination, pacing, or other times of distress.
3. Unpleasant Sounds or Noises
There are certain sounds that can trigger your Pitbulls howling. Usually, it has been noticed that dogs or Pitbulls howl due to the noise of sirens.
It can be very annoying for you as well as for your dog and at that moment, you should always close the curtain of your house and try to suppress the noises so that the Pitbulls can be comfortable. Any kind of high pitched noise or sound can make your Pitbulls howl.
Pitbulls Excessive Howling
I told you, in response, your Pitbulls can howl to sounds, especially to high pitch sounds. Sirens can Trigger your Pitbulls howling. You may notice your Pitbulls howling nearby a siren but he will probably hide or get aggressive when the sound hits.
This kind of howling doesn’t seem to be excessive but it can get. Yes, of course, the trigger occurs very frequently by any sudden noise that is unpleasant to your Pitbull.
At that kind of moment, you should always use counterconditioning aur desensitization in order to help your Pitbulls to be comfortable and quiet.
If you know don’t know what is Counter conditioning or desensitization then let me tell you there are two most common treatments for anxiety, aggression, phobias, and fears for discipline any kind of behavior problem that involves emotion or arousal in your dog.
It proved to be most effective for the Pitbulls when you are trying to resolve any animal behavior problem. If you want to learn more about counterconditioning or desensitization plans and that might help your dog and please stay with this article.
When Pitbulls will be in excessive pain when they are hurt or sick, your Pitbulls can howl. If your Pitbulls howling is continuous then it can be count as excessive howling and you will need to visit the vet as soon as possible before doing anything else as I told you earlier.
Plus, if you are at work and your neighbors call you to tell you that your Pitbulls is howling when you are at work then you need to understand that this is separation anxiety howling which can happen or occur when your Pitbulls will be feeling left alone on their own for an extended amount of time.
Separation anxiety cannot only make your Pitbulls to howl but can also make them very sick in the future. Separation anxiety can also occur if they are separated from their owner.
7 Tips To Prevent Pitbulls Howl
There are few tips that can help you in preventing this your Pitbulls to howl. So, being a responsible owner, you should learn these tips if you want to avoid this kind of situation because howling can be very annoying for you, for the family member as well as for your neighbors.
- You should always give your Pitbulls proper attention in order to make sure that they don’t suffer from separation anxiety.
- You should always look for injuries as well as sickness or illness because it can really make your Pitbulls to howl.
- Always feed your Pitbulls with a good quality dietary routine if you really want to ensure that they are away from health concern and they don’t feel pain especially in the stomach or in teeth.
Here are some recommended foods that can help you in making your Pitbulls more and more healthy each month. These foods not only have the right balance on nutrition but also helpful in keeping their skin, stomach, and dental as much as healthy as possible.
- You should always teach your Pitbulls to be quiet whenever they hear the siren or any kind of certain sounds that increase your Pitbulls howling. You can award them with some treats if they are quiet.
- If you notice your Pitbulls howling in order to Grab some attention that this is also called as attention-seeking howling,
So, you should never accidentally award your Pitbulls whenever he howls because it can encourage them to howl more. You should always totally ignored them as soon as they start making noise to grab your attention.
- You should never encourage your Pitbulls if they howl. Whenever your Pitbulls is having, you should always pretend that your dogs are invisible and if you find it very difficult to do this because your Pitbulls is very cute than you can also try folding your arms across your chest and turning away from your Pitbulls completely.
- It is very easy to forget to pay attention to our Pitbulls whenever they are quiet because, most of the time, it has been observed that we only pay attention when our dogs are doing something wrong.
If you really want to avoid your Pitbulls howling for attention then you always need to reward your Pitbulls for quite a Behaviour. Reward them with treats as well as toys that can make your Pitbulls happy.
8 Tips To Stop Pitbulls Howling
If your Pitbulls is howling from the last few days and nothing seems to work because you are very confused about what you should do in order to stop your Pitbulls howling then here are some tips that can help you in figuring out how you can stop your Pitbulls howling.
- Ignore your Pitbulls as soon as used notice for Pitbulls howling. Don’t try to scold him just pretend that your Pitbulls is invisible for you
- Give your Pitbulls proper interaction for a few hours and notice if the howling stops or not because in stress, your Pitbulls can howl.
- Go for a walk with your Pitbulls because they might need some socialization or some fresh air due to feeling depressed
- If they’re going through any kind of dental problem then they can also howl. so, look for any kind of signs of pain.
- Due to over excitement, your Pitbulls can howl. Try to drain his energy by walking them extra or by exercising them.
- If you notice your Pitbulls howling only at night then it can also be a sign that your Pitbulls is trying to communicate you and let you know that there is a trespasser or a Predator that you are not aware of. You must not always ignore their howling.
- If nothing seems to work then there can be underlying health issues in your Pitbulls. In order to know that, you must visit the veterinarian as soon as possible.
- Your Pitbulls can speak and you might have confused Yourself by thinking those words as howling. In an attempt to speak a word, Pitbull’s words can sound like a howling.
Well, there is nothing wrong with Pitbull’s howling unless they are going to separation anxiety. I hope, I managed to give you some space of information about your Pitbulls howling and if I did a good job then do share this post because it is going to encourage me to write more about them.
Apart from that, if you have any questions regarding your Pitbulls you can comment below and let me know and I will try to give your answer as soon as possible.
Pitbulls howling is completely normal but, you should always look for the signs of separation anxiety or any kind of pain. See you in the next post, till then, take care, and goodbye.