Adopting a Bulldog in your home can be very fun and exciting for you as well as for your family member but there are lots of things that you need to consider first before adopting any kind of pet in your home.
There are few things that can really affect your lifestyle as well as your family Lifestyle to different degrees. One of those things that seem to be very obvious and major concerns for most Bulldogs owner is their shedding.
If they shed then it can really affect your lifestyle and the work needed for you to perform will be more than expected. So, do Bulldogs shed?
In this guide, you will get to know everything about your Bulldogs shedding and along with that, you will also get to learn certain things that can help you understand how much your Bulldogs is going to shed in the future.
There are few tips that also have been discussed in this article which will help you in understanding what you need to do in order to keep their shedding at the minimum.
Do Bulldogs Shed?
Yes, Bulldogs do shed and they can also shed heavily in the shedding season. Even, they come with a short and smooth coat on their body, they will need to shed some of their hair.
However, their hair is less noticeable on the furniture, on the ground but you may notice is their hair on your clothing especially on your dark clothing. Daily brushing is required to keep the shedding level at a minimum.
Now, after understanding that your bulldog is going to shed and can also shed very aggressively in some months, you may want to avoid them because dog hair is not one of the favorite things to deal with.
Most people want to avoid them because it can cause a mess around your house but, if you are in love with your Bulldogs then maybe you want to learn what you can do to control ita shedding.
There are a few ways and tips that can really help you in keeping the shedding at a minimum but, in order to really understand what you need to keep their shedding at minimum, you need to understand some certain things that will be discussed in this article.
So, don’t leave this article before learning this kind of thing.
Why Do Bulldogs Shed?
Actually, your bulldogs going to shed very aggressively in the shedding season and there is nothing you can do to completely stop your Bulldogs from shedding.
In the shedding season, every dog breed needs to shed some of its hair as it is a completely normal thing for them. Without shedding their coat, they can’t regulate their body temperature according to the seasonal changes.
This is the main reason why your Bulldogs is going to shed in the shedding Season. The shedding season seems to appear two times a year.
In the autumn season, you are expected to see some constant shedding going on on your Bulldogs coat as they will need to make some room for new hair growth so that the thick layer of the coat can grow that can help them in keeping their body warm and nice throughout the winter.
In the spring season, the opposite happened but the shedding will be the same. They are again going to shed In the spring season in order to make their coat thinner that can help them in keeping the body cooler throughout the summer season.
This is how your bulldog going to regulate their body temperature and thair is nothing you can do to completely stop your Bulldogs from shedding.
However, some tips can really be helpful but before that, let’s learn what are the biggest things that contribute towards determining the amount of Bulldogs shedding.
Things That Factor Into Determining The Amount Of Bulldogs Shedding
There are a few things that can really factor into determining the amount of Bulldogs shedding and can really help you in understanding how much you can expect your Bulldogs to shed In the future.
The frequency of the Bulldogs shedding can be determined by these factors because there are lots of genetic as well as environmental factors that involve these factors. So, let’s take a quick look.
|Sex of Dog
|Pregnancy or Lactation
|Your Residential Location
|Quality of Coat
5 Elements That Can Really Affect Your Bulldogs Shedding
There are 5 elements that can affect your Bulldogs shedding and can also make the shedding worse in the shedding season.
So, being a responsible dog owner, you need to learn these things so that you can easily understand what you can do to be prepared for the worst.
Let me tell you, some of these elements are controllable because they can be easily managed by humans but most of them will not be.
1) Sunlight Hours
If you are noticing the sun shining for hours and hours then it is a clear sign that indicates your Bulldogs is going to shed very aggressively in the upcoming days.
Without shedding their coat, they can easily get overheated and that is why they will need to shed some of its hair so that they can keep their body cooler throughout the hot sunny days.
2) Age Of The Bulldogs
When your Bulldogs will be a puppy, you are less likely to know this any kind of shedding but as soon as they get older, you are more likely to experience some constant shedding from your Bulldogs.
It can also go into heavier moderation in the future if not heightened properly. This is the main reason behind noticing the older dog shedding more hair then the younger ones.
3) Quality Of The Coat
If your Bulldogs come with the bad quality coat then your bulldog is going to shed very aggressively in the future. Bad quality coat always indicates that your Bulldogs is not healthy and they will need to shed some of its hair.
This kind of shedding is not good for your dog. So, it is important to keep your Bulldogs in proper dietary routine and you need to perform a proper effective grooming method on their coat in order to keep the coat as much as healthy as possible.
It is recommended to adopt the Bulldog puppy from a reputable breeder who can assure you that the puppies are of top quality and can offer you the health insurance on their Puppy.
You should also ensure that the puppy has been cleared from all Healthcare and examination.
Always avoid adopting a puppy from a puppy mill because they don’t give a damn about their puppies, they just want to sell those puppies to you and make some quick money.
4) The Heat Cycle Of A Female
In The Heat cycle, you are more likely to experience some constant shedding from a female Bulldogs because the sudden fluctuation of hormones that take place inside of female Bulldogs body results in more shedding.
5) Temperature Fluctuation
If you are noticing your Bulldogs shedding very aggressively in some months while in some months not so much then it is more caused by the temperature fluctuation.
There is nothing you can do to completely stop your Bulldogs from shedding because temperature fluctuation is the major element that can really affect their shedding level.
Plus, if you live in a region where the temperature often fluctuates then be ready to deal with their shedding because they will need to shed some of its hair constantly so that they can easily regulate their body temperature.
Plus, if you are considering importing Bulldogs from another state or country then it is obvious for you to be prepared to deal with the shedding because they will also need to lose most of its hair so that they can easily adapt well according to the environmental changes.
Excessive Shedding Or Abnormal Shed
If you are noticing your Bulldogs shedding lots of hair when it’s not the right time of the year then there is definitely something wrong with your buddy.
Noticing tons of unusual shedding from your Bulldogs when it’s not the right time or when it’s not the shedding season, it’s a clear indication that they could be an underlying health concern that needs to be heightened or treated properly.
So, do consult with your veterinarian as soon as possible. Here are some reasons why your Bulldogs is going to shed out of the Seasons.
|Reaction To Medications
|Allergy to shampoo
|Pregnancy or Lactation
|Reaction to Supplements
13 Tips To Keep Bulldogs Shedding At A Minimum
1. You should always brush your Bulldogs coat regularly if you want to keep the shedding level at a minimum. If you don’t have that much time then you can also brush their coat 4 times a week but not least than that.
2. Always brushes a Bulldogs coat outside the home if you really want to ensure that the hair won’t get collected inside and the mess stays outside.
3. Always brush Bulldogs’ coat in the direction of their hair growth so that the whole experience for your dog becomes painless.
4. Make sure that you are using a brush that perfectly fits your bulldog’s coat. Not all the brushes available in the market is going to be the perfect brush For your Bulldogs coat.
If you are confused about what would be the ideal brush for your Bulldogs then let me tell you a slicker brush is what your Bulldogs needs.
5. When you brush a Bulldogs’ coat, their skin releases natural oil on their body, and with a good quality brush, you can easily distribute all the natural oil to other parts of their body. This helps their skin preventing from getting dry. No dry skin means no more shedding.
6. Don’t bath your Bulldogs too often because the frequent bath is going to make your Bulldogs shed more. When you bath the Bulldogs too often, their skin becomes dry. Dry skin is going to promote more shedding which is not good for anyone.
7. Always use a good quality shampoo that perfectly suits your Bulldog’s coats need. It is very important to moisturize their skin after the bath and that is why it is recommended to use a good quality shampoo.
Their natural oil can easily get washed away with water, so always make sure that their skin is always moisturized after the bath. You need to use good quality pet shampoo.
8. It is recommended to bath Bulldogs only once a month or every 6 weeks. However, if you feel that your Bulldogs lifestyle is more surrounded by outside activity and they need a bath due to getting dirty then it is OK to bath them but try not to make it a habit and do it in the right way.
9. Here are some recommended shampoos that I would recommend you to use while you bath your Bulldogs because these shampoos are not the only effective in moisturizing their skin after the bath them but can also help in getting rid of excessive dead hairs and debris that often gets stuck on your dog’s coat.
10. You should always feed your Bulldogs with good quality food that has high-quality protein-rich ingredients that can ensure you that the Bulldogs is getting all his nutritional needs fulfilled.
11. Avoid cheap foods because it has been noticed that cheap foods do have the nutrition but don’t have the right balance of nutrition that is necessary to keep your Bulldogs all his nutritional needs fulfilled. Avoid cheap foods.
12. Here are some recommended foods that I would recommend you to feed your Bulldogs if you really want to ensure that they are getting the right amount of Nutrition as well as they are getting protein-rich ingredient that is important for them to keep the skin more healthy. If their skin is healthy, the shedding will be minimum.
13. Avoid feeding a Bulldogs with any kind of kitchen leftover food oo foods that contain grains in it. Grains are harmful to dogs and it is going to only encourage or increase the chances of gum disease or dental problems in the future.
Grooming Tools That Your Bulldogs Need To Keep Your Bulldogs Shedding At Minimum.
| Best Glove
|Feature & Why to Buy
|Check on Amazon
|Grooming Glove – Gentle Deshedding Brush Glove
| It can remove all dead hairs, loose furs, and dirt. Using this product on your dog will be a painless and fun experience for your dog
|View on Amazon
This is the product that I will always recommend you to every single Bulldogs owner if they want to keep their Bulldogs at MINIMUM and want to put less effort into their grooming.
You can easily avoid brushing their coat if you use this kind of tool because it is very easy to use and can be very effective. you just need to slip in the glove over your hand and run your hand over your Bulldogs coat. That’s it and the work will be done.
Within 5 minutes, you will be successful in removing all dead hairs that need to be before it gets spread over your home floor. This is the recommended grooming glove that I would recommend you to every single Bulldogs owner.
|Best Slicker Bristle Brush
|Feature & Why to Buy
|Check on Amazon
|Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker/bristle Brush
|It can help in getting rid of any kind of mats without any pain. Your dog will feel great too. Amazon Choice and Best Rated Popular Brush. It’s a slicker brush that acts as a bristle brush too and can add a great finish.
|View on Amazon
As I told you, your Bulldogs need a slicker brush, you can easily catch that this is a recommended slickeer brush that I would recommend you.
The main reason behind recommending this brush is that this is the brush that I have been using for the past few months & it works perfectly.
Let me tell you, you will be amazed just like me by seeing how much a little brush can make a huge difference in keeping their shedding at a minimum.
It is not going to magical stop your Bulldogs from shedding but after few months, you are likely to notice some kind of result.
This brush is not only durable or reliable or easy to use but also feels very nice to hold and can give you a long-lasting result. After using this brush on your Bulldogs coat, you will get the finished look that you want after every single grroming session.
Do English Bulldogs Shed?
Yes, English Bulldogs do shed but it is unlikely to notice because they will shed at very minimal. However, from my own personal experience, it is required for you to brush their coat at least four times a week to make that happen… Read more
Does French Bulldog shed?
Yes, French Bulldog does shed and they can shed very heavily in the shedding season. However, you are less likely to notice any kind of hair on your home floor, on the furniture but their hair can be easily noticeable on your dark clothing…read more
Do American Bulldogs Shed?
Yes, even they have a short and smooth coat on their body, they are going to shed some of its hair at least in the shedding season for sure. However, you are less likely to notice tons of hair…read more
I hope that I managed to give you some space of information about your Bulldogs shedding and if you think that I did a good job then make sure you share this post because it is going to encourage me to write more about them.
Apart from that, if you have any questions regarding your Bulldogs then you must comment below and let me know – I will try to give your answer as soon as possible. See you in the next post, till then, take care, and goodbye.