Adopting Pitbulls can be very fun and exciting for you as well as for your family members but do you know, it is difficult to understand Pitbull Breed because they come with very unique traits.
Being a very intelligent dog, they may prove to be destructive at home if they are left alone with full of energy. It is not only essential to exercise them properly but also to train.
When it comes to training them, it becomes very certain to ask are Pitbulls easy to train or not.
In this guide, I will give you all the information about Pitbulls and its training as well as some tips that can help you in understanding how will they are going to perform in the training session. But before that, let’s learn, are Pitbulls easy to train?
Are Pitbulls Easy To Train?
Are Pitbulls Easy To Train? Yes, they are easy to train because Pitbulls loves to please their owners. However, it is necessary to have some experience with dogs and you must show a display leadership then the dog will sense it and respect it.
Pitbulls as a group are very intelligent dogs and relatively very easy to train and known to be very soft to their owners but when it comes to strangers or other pet animals or even a family member, they can be very dangerous.
They attack without giving any kind of warning as well as they tend to be very aggressive towards everyone. It is very important to know what would be like if you have Pitbulls in your home because if they sense their owner’s weakness that they can become very destructive, and they also can attempt to promote himself to Alpha dog.
Even they are one of the most many breeds that always look to please their owner, it is essential to reward them for what they are taught as well as for what did it.
For example, if your training your Pitbulls to set or stay or roll over then they should be awarded whenever they any of these tricks. In this way, they will always look forward to continuing to deliver the trick.
In the same light, if you don’t scold your dog when they are chewing one of your shoes or your furniture then they will not take it as a bad one and they will continue to chew on various things.
So, Make sure to display what your Pitbulls is going to be rewarded for and what are the negative behavior that would make him scolded by their owners.
It is not only important for your Pitbulls to learn everything but is also important for your entire family member to be aware of the rules as well as it is more important to stick to them.
Always remember that unity and consistency is always a major key in training a Pitbulls or even any dog of any breed.
If anyone in a family member is more lenient with the Pitbulls and doesn’t seem to scold the negative behavior of them then your pitbull can become very confused and may not be able to understand what the rules are
9 Things To Keep In Mind About Pitbulls Training
- Always remember that this breed can not only be very stubborn but can also be very desirable independent.
- They can be very aggressive and unmannered if they sense their owner weakness
- They can be very destructive at home if they are not exercised properly as well as if they are left alone on their own for more than 6 hours.
- In the training, socialization plays an important role and if the owner is weak and if the dog or your Pitbulls has not been socialized properly as a puppy then it might make your Pitbulls more aggressive and less friendly.
- In Training, it is also important to get your Pitbulls puppy to the boot camp especially puppy Bootcamp as well as to a professional dog trainer.
- Make sure you train your Pitbulls early because training an adult Pitbulls is like throwing a stone in the water & hoping that it won’t drown.
- Don’t force your Pitbulls into doing something that he doesn’t like because it will give them a bad experience and can end up being very rude.
- They bark and howl sometimes and if you live in a complex then make sure you train them how to follow your command like speak, and so that you can make them bark when you want to add can make them silent when you want to. You never want your Pitbulls to bark without a reason and disturb your neighbor.
- Hold the leash tightly as they can get provoked in the public, but, always handle your pitbull with firm grip in the training session.
5 Essential Command That You Can Always Teach Your Dog In The Training Session
Having a balanced dog & on the other hand, having a trained dog isn’t the same. iF Dog knows how to follow a few basic commands then it can be very helpful for their owner in tackling some behavioral problems in the Future.
So, you may wonder where you should start with Pitbulls obedience training. By yourself or you could also take a class but it’s not necessary because you can also do it by yourself.
In fact, with the right attitude and the right method, it can also be very fun for your Pitbulls as well as for you.
Here are the five basic commands that you can teach your Pitbulls in the training session
1. Sit – This is one of the easiest dog obedience, and that you can teach your Pitbulls. You just need to hold a treat in your hand and just get it closed towards your Pitbulls nose.
Now, you just need to move your head up and allow your Pitbulls’ head to follow the treat and it will cause his bottom to lower.
Once, you notice shifting them in a sitting position, say sit and give him the treat and share some affection also. Now, you just need to repeat this sequence a few times every single day.
2. Come – This command can always help you in keeping your Pitbulls out of trouble as well as drawing him back if you lose your grip on the leash. You just need to put a collar or a leash on your dog.
If you don’t have a good quality of leash then you can always lose the grip and that is why it is recommended to buy a good leash and a collar.
Here is the recommended lease and the college that I would recommend you personally because this leash is not only durable but also very reliable that can ensure you a perfect strong grip on your dog.
After putting a leash and collar on your Pitbulls, you just need to go down to his level and need to say “come” while gently pulling the leash. Once you notice that he comes to you then reward them with some great treats or affection or his favorite toy
3. Down – Well, this one can be particularly difficult than others, and but because the position is a very submissive posture, you can always use it on your Pitbulls because they are very destructive as well as the aggressive dog.
You just need to find a particular good-smelling treat and hold it close to your dog’s nose. Make sure that the reward is a high-value treat. Here are some treats that are not only tasty to dogs smell very good and can help you with training your Pitbulls in the training session.
Now come uphold your hand on to your pitbull’ s nose and as soon as he needs it, move your hand to the floor and he will follow.
Now, you need to slide your hand along the ground in front of him so that you can increase his body to follow his heads once, he is in the down position you must say, down and reward him the treat.
Share the same affection. Here is the video that can help you with this, command.
11 Training Tips Pitbulls
- Always choose your Pitbulls name nicely and be respectful of it.
- Always decide and plan on the house rule because one week comes home he should know what he can do and what he can’t. Is he allowed on the bed or on the couch or not.
- Give him his own sleeping area and space where he can be. In one word, he needs a room of his own. Set up a Pitbull’s private Den.
- Always teach your Pitbulls to come when called by his name.
- Always help your Pitbulls relax whenever he comes home after a walk or exercise or training session.
- Always reward your Pitbulls good behavior with positive reinforcement or treat or with his favorite toys.
- Take care of the jump up because, in your absence, your pitbull can start jumping on and off of the furniture if they are full of energy.
- Always discourage your Pitbulls from nipping aur biting. never scold your Pitbulls. The best way is to pull off the hand and to pretend that you are in a lot of pain whenever if he is biting or nipping you.
- Always end the training session of yours Pitbulls on a positive note. At last, he always deserves it because he worked so hard to please you throughout the training. so, leave him with lots of treats or rewards for awesome training or 25 minutes of play.
- Always exercise them after the training session, not before the training session because if they are not full of energy during the training session, they won’t perform well.
- It is a must to exercise them perfectly after the training session before you get them in your home as if they are energetic while they are home they can be destructive.
So, 15 minutes of play after the session won’t hurt you. Plus, this can guarantee you that he is going to show up in the next class on the training session with his tail wagging which is a good sign.
5 Important Training That You Should Provide Your Pitbulls
If you are planning to keep your Pitbulls outdoors, which is not so common because it is not recommended. In indoors you will need to teach your Pitbulls how to behave. So, in order to achieve that, House traning income very handy.
What is Housetraining? actually it is also called housebreaking or potty training which is the first thing that you need to work on?
So, here are the five training that is very important for you to teach your Pitbulls in the training session.
1. Potty Training
It is very important to train your dog where they can defecate because not training then can make them defecate when you are not at home.
2. Crate Training
House Training and the basics of training that your Pitbulls need to accept and also enjoy is the crate training. It is not only going to help you with housebreaking but if you will also give your Pitbulls a place of his own.
It is a must for every single Pitbulls to learn to walk on a leash. As if we besides the law, then most areas have some laws on lease rules, sometimes when you want then keep in your Pitbulls on a leash for your own safety. So, always learns how you should introduce your Pitbulls to the lease and train your Pitbulls how to walk on the least properly.
It is one of the most common forms of positive reinforcement enforcement which is very effective in Pitbull’s training method. However, it is also fine if you don’t Train Your Pitbulls with clicker training but most of the people find it helpful.
Well, it is one of the last steps in training your Pitbulls but if you really want your Pitbulls to teach any new behavior then it is a must.
You should always be sure that your Pitbulls know how to proof, so that your Pitbulls will be as obedient and will behave at a friend’s house or when he is on his own.
J just because you have reached the final stages of the Pitbulls Training, it is not going to mean that behavior problems won’t come up. So, it is a must-to to learn the most common dog behavior problems and how you should deal with them.
Can Positive Reinforcement Be Used To Train A Pitbulls?
Yes, you can use positive reinforcement instead of rewarding him with a treat to Train Your Pitbulls. Plus, you will probably have a better result with this technique. Never forget that Pitbulls are eager to learn and will be happy to work for the rewards..read more.
Can Pitbulls Be Trained To Behave Properly With Other Dogs?
If you provide your Pitbulls with some advanced training then it is possible but most of the time, dog on dog aggression is quite normal in Pitbulls. Due to their aggressiveness, they may find difficulty in getting along with other animals but with advanced training, it is possible…read more
Can Pitbulls Be Trained To Be A Good Family Dog i
Yes, of course, there are good family dog even they are very aggressive and dangerous, they can be pretty much good family dog if they are properly socialized & trained. It is very important to socialize them and train them very early when their puppy…read more.
I hope that I managed to give you some space of information about Pitbulls and its training and if you find this post helpful then do share this post because it is going to encourage me to write more about them.
So, are Pitbulls easy to train or not for you? Let me know down below in the comment section. Apart from that, if you have any questions regarding your Pitbulls or with the training, you can drop a comment and let me know and I will try to give your answer as soon as possible. See you in the next post, till then, take care, and goodbye
94% of pet owners say their animal pal makes them smile more than once a day. In 2007, I realized that I was made for saving Animals. My father is a Vet, and I think every pet deserves one. I started this blog, “InPetCare”, in 2019 with my father to enlighten a wider audience.