We're an affiliate! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
First of all, if you are considering adopting an American Eskimo in your home then there are lots of things that really matter and you need to look for before you adopt any kind of pet in your home.
If you or anybody in your home have allergies to animals then it can be very concerning. It can also be pretty much difficult to control his or her allergy if the American Eskimo is going to come with or to carry some allergens with them.
It is very obvious to ask are American Eskimo hypoallergenic or not. Before I tell you if they are hypoallergenic or not, let me tell you that in this guide, you will get to know everything that can help you in keeping your American Eskimo allergen-free.
Is American Eskimos Hypoallergenic?
No, American Eskimos are not hypoallergenic dog breeds according to the American Kennel Club. However, it has been noticed that they can be the perfect companion for owners who have less serious allergies.
So, if you are not suffering from any kind of serious allergies then you can also consider American Eskimo in your home but let me tell you, as a non-hypoallergenic dog breed, your American Eskimo is going to carry some allergen with them.
Danders is one of the most common allergens that can be noticed in every single dog breed. Even hypoallergenic dog breed is likely to carry some allergens with them.
However, this allergens can be controlled because danders are the dead skin that often gets produced on your dogs’ coat whenever their skin gets dry or unhealthy.
So, after knowing that your American Eskimo doesn’t claim the title of hypoallergenic dog breed, I am going to give you some space of information about their shedding, dander forming, allergic protein, and other things that can really contribute towards triggering allergies to you or anyone in your family member.
Adding to that, you will also get to know how you can make your home more American Eskimo friendly and allergen-free.
So, let’s stay with the article. But before I tell you what are the tips that can help you in keeping your home allergen-free, let’s know about why your American Eskimo is not considered as a hypoallergenic dog breed.
Why American Eskimos Are Not Considered As Hypoallergenic Dog Breeds?
Before I tell you why your American Eskimo doesn’t claim the title of hypoallergenic dog breed and why it failed to make its place in the list of American Kennel Club, let me tell you what exactly the word hypoallergenic means.
The word hypoallergenic simply means that the animal you are going to keep a pet in your home is not going to cause any kind of allergies or going to Trigger any kind of allergies to anyone around it.
So, there are lots of advantages of having a hypoallergenic dog breed like you or the ones suffering from allergies don’t need to take any kind of medication or precaution to keep it around which makes it very easier for the owner to maintain their pet.
However, being a non-hypoallergenic dog breed, it’s not the same case. Your American Eskimo doesn’t claim the title of hypoallergenic dog breed because they do shed and they can shed quite heavily in the shedding season.
By the shedding season, we mean that in the months of spring and autumn. In the autumn, your American Eskimo is going to need to layer up and change their coat so that they can survive in the summer days.
The opposite happens in the autumn when they will need to develop a thick layer of the coat so that they can keep themselves warm and prevent their body from getting insulated in the winter days.
Now after knowing why your American Eskimo needs to shed its old hair, it is very obvious to experience some kind of danders forming on the skin. Danders forming is going to take place if you are American Eskimo’s skin becomes unhealthy or dry.
A dry skin really promotes lots of danders forming and it can be pretty much difficult to control.
Apart from that, being a shedder, your American Eskimo is going to shed some of its danders that have the ability to trigger your allergies. Let me tell you, danders are alone enough to cause you allergies.
So, it is very important to make sure that your American Eskimo is always healthy and their skin won’t get dry.
Now, after understanding, why your American Eskimo doesn’t claim the title of hypoallergenic, let’s talk about what are the allergens you can expect from American Eskimo.
American Eskimo Allergens
I hope that I don’t need to tell you that saliva, urine, and danders are the most common allergens that come with dogs. Your American Eskimo is also going to produce some danders on the skin which is very allergy to people who have over-sensitive immune systems.
Apart from that, you will also need to avoid their urine and saliva because their saliva and urine contain allergic protein which seems to have the ability to cause you allergies in the future.
This allergic protein is very harmful to people who have an oversensitive immune system.
Apart from that, you are also likely to experience some kind of allergies if you don’t keep your dog in a good manner because whenever dog runs around they are going to leave some danders while they will be roaming around your house.
As I told you their danders are alone enough to Trigger your allergies and cause you problems. It can really make you miserable. that is why, you need to avoid their saliva, danders, and urine.
There are some tips that can really help you in maintaining your American Eskimo and can really help you in keeping your American Eskimo allergen-free.
This is also going to help you in making your home allergen-free as well as American Eskimo friendly. Let’s know those tips.
Tips For Families With Allergies
This tip is going to ensure that your American Eskimo is always healthy as well as allergen-free. By applying these, you can expect to achieve the goals that you have set to make your home more allergen-free as well as American Eskimo friendly. let’s know these tips.
- You need to make sure that your American Eskimo is peeing in a designated area because their urine contains a harmful protein that can trigger your allergies.
- Always drain Your American Eskimo energy so that they won’t Run around your house as it will prevent more danders from spreading around your house.
- Always groom your American Eskimo perfectly because grooming is going to be very effective in keeping those danders forming and shedding at a minimum.
- Always use a good quality of Brush to brush your skin and after doing our observation on American Eskimo skin, we get to know that it’s best to use a good quality of slicker Brush on their coat. Brush their coat with slicker brush regulatory.
- Don’t avoid brushing their coat especially in the shedding season because they are going to shed heavily so that they can make some new room for new hair growth.
|Best Slicker Bristle Brush||Feature & Why to Buy||Check on Amazon|
|Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker/bristle Brush||It can help in getting rid of any kind of mats without any pain. Your dog will feel great too. Amazon Choice and Best Rated Popular Brush. It’s a slicker brush that acts as a bristle brush too and can add a great finish.||View on Amazon|
- In the shedding season, you need to use a good quality of deciding De-Shedding Tool and that is why we would recommend you to use of furminator deciding De-Shedding Tool and let me tell you, you will be amazed How much it is effective in removing all those dead loose hair in the shedding season.
- Put some bedroom off-limit drool and no dogs on the couch as it will prevent that danders from getting stuck on that bad or couch where you will be spending most of your time.
- Wash your hand every single time after you are done handling or petting or spending time with your American Eskimo because proper hand washes after touching them is a smart way to prevent the allergens that can make you feel miserable if not heightened properly.
- Keep your American Eskimo dietary routine balanced and make sure that you are feeding your American Eskimo with high-quality food because high-quality food always contains high-quality ingredients.
- It has been observed that bad quality of food does have the nutrition but doesn’t have the right balance of nutrition that is necessary to keep your American Eskimo nutritional needs fulfilled. Avoid bad quality foods.
- Fishes are very healthy for dogs at that is why I would recommend some foods that have the right balance of nutritions and can make the skin healthy.
Healthy skin is going to ensure that the shedding and dander forming is at a minimum. Here are the recommended foods from our end.
- Take your medications properly because thair are lots of medications as well as antihistamines available that can really help you in keeping your immune system healthy and can help you in making them less irritated around your American Eskimo. Some of the common antihistamines are.
- Don’t allow your American Eskimo in the kitchen area and especially when you are cooking your food because their tiny little light particles which is dandered can travel to the food very easily through the air.
- Train Your American Eskimo and make them stay in one place because it is very necessary to make them stay in one place when you are having your lunch or dinner or any kind of snacks.
- Vacuum your home regularly so that the danders that has been spread all over the house corner gets cleaned up very quickly. Use a very good powerful vacuum cleaner and if you don’t have one then here is the recommendation.
We're an affiliate! We may earn a small commission When you purchase through our affiliate links.