If you want to adopt a cat then you need to consider many things before you adopt one because there are lots of things that can factor into determining how your allergies is going to react around your Calico Cats.
If you or anybody in your family have allergies to the animal then it is very obvious to ask if your Calico Cats is going to be hypoallergenic or not. So, are Calico Cats hypoallergenic?
Are Calico Cats Hypoallergenic?
No, Calico cats are not hypoallergenic cat breed but they are less likely to trigger allergies and can be a perfect feline companion to those who have less serious allergies.
However, it is necessary to keep them on a proper diet routine to ensure that their skin is always healthy.
After knowing that your calico cats don’t claim the title of hypoallergenic cat breed, it is obvious to know about their shedding, danders forming, and other things that can really trigger your allergies.
In this article, I am going to give you some ideas about the shedding as well as allergens that can really irritate your allergies. Their allergens can easily trigger your allergies if you have very serious allergies and can make you feel miserable.
Let me tell you, danders is the major and the common cause of allergies that come from animals and can really make you feel miserable. Danders is alone enough to bother you and can trigger your allergies.
Apart from that, it is also necessary to know the tips that can really help you in making your Calico Cats more allergen-free and your home Calico Cats friendly.
So, before I give you the tips, let’s know, why your Calico Cats doesn’t claim in the title of the hypoallergenic cat breed.
Why Calico Cats Doesn’t Claim The Title Of Hypoallergenic Cat Breed?
Actually, before I tell you why your Calico Cats is not considered as hypoallergenic cat breed, I will love to give you the exact information on what exactly the hypoallergenic word means.
Actually, the hypoallergenic simply means that the pet you are going to keep in your home is not going to cause any kind of allergy or Trigger any kind of allergies to anyone around it.
There can be many advantages of having a hypoallergenic cat breed in your homes like you or the one suffering from allergies doesn’t need to take any kind of precaution or medications to keep their pet around which makes it easier for the owner to maintain their cat.
But, let me tell you, there is no truly 100% hypoallergenic cat breed that has been found till yet. The cat breeds that have been considered as hypoallergenic cat breed only claim the title on the basis of their non-shedding feature because if you take that saliva and the urine on the count, you will get to know that The Saliva and urine also have the ability to trigger your allergies.
Now after knowing that there is no true hundred percent hypoallergenic cat breed, you can understand, that it is not going to make any much difference if you have serious allergies.
Every cat can kill your allergies if you have very serious allergies but, in the case of Calico Cats, if you are suffering from less serious allergies then you can keep it in your home but make sure you follow all the tips.
Now let me tell you that every cat is going to produce kind of danders on their skin which is very common and you can’t stop them completely because it is normal.
The dander is the major cause of allergies and that is why your Calico Cats is not considered as hypoallergenic cat breed. Adding to that, your Calico Cats urine and saliva also have a harmful protein that can really trigger your allergies and you need to avoid their saliva and urine as much as possible.
After knowing, the Calico Cats doesn’t claim the title of hypoallergenic cat breed, let’s know, what are the allergens you can expect your Calico Cats carrying.
Calico Cats Allergens
I hope that it won’t shock you if I tell you that there are three major causes of allergies that can really Trigger your allergies that can irritate you.
Danders, saliva, and urine are the major cause of allergies and in the case of Calico Cats, you can experience some kind of irritation in your body by the danders, saliva and urine.
The danders are alone enough to trigger your allergies and let me tell you that it can make you feel miserable. If you have really serious allergies then I would recommend you to not adopt a Calico Cats because their danders can really be allergic to you.
Adding to that, let me tell you that people with over-sensitive immune systems are more likely to suffer from allergies to animals. There are some medications that can help you with your over-sensitive immune system but still, it’s best to do your best as much as possible without taking any kind of medication.
We will talk about the medication part later but right now, you need to understand that you need to ensure that your Calico Cats is producing danders at minimum.
You should always keep your Calico Cats skin moisturized as if their skin gets dry then it means that they are going to produce more dander forming which is not good.
Apart from that, their urine and saliva also contain fel D1 protein which can be allergic to you if not heightened properly. If your cat drools then you need to teach your cat to keep their tongue to themselves so that you can avoid getting in contact with any kind of saliva.
Their saliva can really irritate you and make you feel itch around your body. Apart from that, you need to make sure that your cat is peeing in a designated area because their urine also contains fel D1 protein which can really trigger your allergies if not heightened properly.
Now, after knowing that their saliva, danders, and urine are the major allergens, let’s know the tips that can really help you in keeping your Calico Cats allergin free and making your home Calico Cats friendly.
11 Tips For Families With Allergies
- Always groom your cat perfectly because grooming can make a huge difference in determining how your allergies is going to react around your Calico Cats.
- Brush your Calico Cats coat often because whenever you brush your Calico Cats coat, their skin releases natural oils which helps their skin to be moisturized.
By brushing their coat, you can prevent their skin from being dry which is a very good thing if you want to keep that danders forming at minimum.
- Ensure that you are brushing your cat coat in the direction of their hair growth and using the brush that is ideal for your Calico Cats coat.
If you don’t have any idea about an ideal brush that can really suit your Calico Cats coat then let me tell you that after our observation, this is the brush that can be Really effective. It is a recommended brush that we would recommend you to use on your Calico Cats coat.
- Always bath your Calico Cats when you feel the need and make sure bathing a Calico Cats at least once a month, SORRY not at least, actually, only once a month.
Avoid bathing your Calico Cats frequently as their skin can get dry. But, make sure you are bathing a Calico Cats, once someone because it is necessary to wash away all the dirt, danders, debris, and the allergens with the water that can really get stuck on your Calico Cats coat.
- Use a good quality of shampoo that is going to ensure that their skin is moisturized after the bath as well as can help you in removing all the dirt, debris, and danders that have been stuck on your Calico Cats coat for weeks.
Here are the recommended shampoos that we would recommend you to use on your Calico Cats coat.
- Make sure that you are feeding your Calico Cats with the good quality of food because if you are choosing a cheap food or a bad quality food then let me tell you that it has been observed that cheap quality food does have the nutrition but doesn’t have the right balance of nutrition that is needed for your cat to fulfill their all nutritional need.
So, make sure that you are feeding your Calico Cats with high-quality foods. High-quality food always contains high-quality ingredients and that is why we would recommend some foods for your Calico Cats.
These foods are very healthy and tasty to cats and can ensure that their skin is always healthy and getting healthy every single month.
- Always wash your hand after you are done handling or petting or spending time with them because whenever you touch your Calico Cats, their danders can get stuck on your palm through which you will be touching your mouth, eyes, nose, ears, and other parts of the body which is not good.
So it is the smart way to avoid their allergens and make sure you wash your hand.
- Don’t allow your cat on the bed or on the couch because their danders can fall right on that couch or bad, where you will be spending most of your time. It will also be very hard to remove those danders from the bed or from the couch as it can get stuck very hard with fabrics
- Always ensure that you teach your cat to keep their tongue to themself so that you can lessen the chances to get in contact with any kind of saliva.
- Ensure that your Calico Cats is peeing in a designated area as you need to avoid the urine and it is highly recommended because their urine contains fel d1 protein which is allergic to humans who has an over-sensitive immune system.
- Make sure you take your medication every day and the right medication will be the antihistamines that are available over the counter at your local Walmart store.
You can easily by those antihistamines and block that problem that is making or irritating your over-sensitive immune system around your Calico Cats. Here is some common antihistamines that you can buy.
I hope that I manage to give you some valuable information about the Calico Cats as a non-hypoallergenic cat breed and if I did then make sure you comment below and let me know if you are going to keep or if you have any cat or Calico Cats in your home or not.
Share this post because it is going to encourage me to write more and if you have any kind of question regarding your Calico Cats then you can also comment below and I will try to give your answer as soon as possible. See you in the next post, till then, take care and goodbye.